The 8th HeKKSaGOn Presidents’ Conference will be held online on September 9-10. Students from HeKKSaGOn’s six German and Japanese member universities are invited to take part in an online students’ workshop (in the form of group work) to be held prior to the Conference. Following this workshop, group members will present what they have achieved to the presidents of the six universities during the Plenary Session of the Presidents’ Conference on September 10. We are now looking for students to participate as members of these groups.
● Date and Time:
1．Participation in the collaborative group workshop: In August 2021, each group will conduct 6-10 hours group work. (The dates for group work will be determined by each group.)
2. Presentation at the Plenary Session of the Presidents’ Conference: Friday, September 10, 2021, within 17:00-19:00 JST / 10:00-12:00 CEST; each group will give a 3 to 5-minute presentation.
Online (via Zoom) for both 1 and 2 above
●Eligibility and Number of applicants:
Three to five (3-5) students from each member university. Undergraduate and graduate students (Master and PhD) may apply.
* Three to five groups will be created. Each group will be made up of a mix of student participants from the member universities.
“What kind of online international collaborative education do students want at universities in the New Normal, looking beyond the university setting, disciplines, and geographical restrictions?”
● Presentation Material:
Each group should prepare presentation material in PowerPoint for the 3 to 5-minute presentation.
● Application Procedure and Deadline:
Please fill out and submit the “Screening Form” via Google Form below by noon, Wednesday, July 7, 2021.
* If the number of applicants exceeds five, a process to select those who will take part will be conducted and the results will be announced by Tuesday, July 20. After that, Tohoku University will publish instructions regarding participation in this workshop in late July.
Internal Screening Form (Goggle Form):
● Reference: HeKKSaGOn (a six-member German-Japanese university alliance)
Member universities：Heidelberg University, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), University of Göttingen, Kyoto University, Tohoku University, Osaka University
https://web.tohoku.ac.jp/ged/consortia-2/hekksagon-2?lang=en [in English] https://www.hekksagon.net [in English]
Global Engagement Division (kokusai-k (at) grp.tohoku.ac.jp)